Chat and Forums
The SCONY Chat & Message Board are our main connection to get to know each other. If you can, please try to visit and introduce yourself. Connecting on the message boards and joining our Mon–Thu nightly chat (~9:30 pm EST) will make you feel more comfortable attending one of our parties.
Yahoo Message Board
We use the Yahoo site for keeping up with the latest news, introductions, and friendly banter.
To get started, you will need a Yahoo login account. It's easy and free, if you don't already have one. Start at the Yahoo site and click the Sign Up link.
Tip: Be sure your Yahoo ID does not have your real name in it. If you haven't already, you'll want to sign up for an account with an appropriate scene name. Check out some of our tips for choosing an appropriate scene name. Also, make sure you include your birthday when signing up for an account. No one under 18 will be admitted into the SCONY group.
Next, go to the Yahoo Profile page and log in. Under the About Me section of the page click the Edit Info link. Click the Basics tab on the right side of the page to get to the Basic Info page. Set the age you want to show people who look at your profile. (All we care is that you're over 18.) You will not be admitted if your age is not showing in your profile.
Once you have your Yahoo ID and profile set to show your age, go to the SCONY Yahoo group page and click the blue Join This Group button at the top-right corner of the page (at the time of this writing). You'll want to bookmark this page.
When your membership has been approved, come back and introduce yourself to the group. Then feel free to take a look around and get to know the group.
The best way to get to know others in the group before coming to a SCONY event is to join us in our fun and often zany chatroom.
Chats take place Mon – Thu and start around 9:30 pm EST (although we are notorious for being fashionably late). We use the Delphi site for our chats, and it also has a forum that we use.
How to Join SCONY Chat
1. First, you must become a member of our Yahoo group.
2. When you are accepted, directions will be sent to you for how to reach
us on Delphi, where we have a message board and chat.
Already a member? Log in.
Message Board Rules
Site Moderators: Ms. Margaret Davis and Mr. Tom Ryder
1. What is the purpose of Ms Margaret's online groups?
The objective is to educate new people, build trust and communication skills in the scene, and to entertain. It's everyone's job to contribute to a positive experience when people explore their spanking needs. The online group is comprised of a message board and chat room to express ourselves and meet others who share our interest. It is a place to ask questions, exchange views, relate experiences, gain knowledge and engage in cyber play, all centering around our favorite subject, Traditional OTK spanking and loving discipline. It is not a forum for Personal Advertisements seeking women for personal spanking encounters! This forum is intended for adults over 18 only. Also, while cyber spanking does occur here, discussions relating to spanking or disciplining of minor children is not acceptable on this site. This is also not the place to request a personal appointment. Please email Ms. Margaret for information regarding that.
2. What is considered an inappropriate post?
An inappropriate post is one that is offensive to someone. If its insulting, negative, sexual or not in the spirit of the site then it will get deleted. Also, an inappropriate post is one that does not follow the theme of the thread that it is posted to. Sex and profanity, and sexually explicit pictures, are not allowed. Courtesy and respect toward all club members should never be violated. Disagreements should be handled via email. Posting a "bratty" reply to a serious discussion can be disrespectful. Likewise, throwing a lighthearted topic into a cerebral discussion is not advisable.
3. How do you engage in a cyber spanking via message board or chat room?
This website and online group are focused on traditional OTK spanking, which does not include any of the references to BDSM community. (What is BDSM?) Please keep in mind that all activities on this website, including cyber spanking are to be engaged in consensually. Just as in real life, online spanking must be agreed upon by both parties. Initial communication between a top and bottom is required prior to the spanking. If the intended spankee indicates that they are uncomfortable or protests in a non scene way, do not go through with the spanking. Always use common sense, proper manners, clean language and good taste. If there is any doubt whatsoever of the willingness of a bottom to be spanked online, please send an email to discuss the possibility of giving or receiving the spanking. It is best to proceed slowly and cautiously when topping someone, especially if either player is new.
4. What should I use for a scene name?
When signing on use screen name that is gender specific to you. Use Mr., Ms. Or Miss to indicate if you are a top. Bottoms often have their entire nickname in lowercase.
5. When is it acceptable to script the actions of others?
During cyber play, it is often necessary to include in a post, actions or reactions of others. Use some caution. It is usually not a good idea to script actions of cyber mates until you have played together for a while and have become familiar with their characters. Even after a rapport has been established, stop and think before writing another person's actions or reactions into a story, particularly if it is a spanking scene or one that involves topping or bottoming. Start slow with comments like, "she rolled her eyes in disbelief," or "he laughed hysterically and fell to the floor" before moving on to dialogue or more scene specific actions. And, as always, respect the roles and limits of other players. Very important: Never "script" words for Ms. Margaret or Mr. Ryder!
6. Does Ms. Margaret or Mr. Ryder play on the message board?
On occasion, Ms. Margaret and/or Mr. Ryder will play on the message board. These instances occur when their schedules allow and are not on a regular basis. It is acceptable to include references to them while engaged in cyber play; however, it is never a good idea to script their actions. Also, please do not post a message, (except in the "Ask Ms. Margaret" thread), putting Ms. Margaret or Mr. Ryder into a situation that warrants their reply. And do not post a spanking scene which includes either one of them.
7. What do I do if someone's post offends me?
You have several choices. First, the offended party should send an email to their attacker. Usually communication is the key to smoothing out hurt feelings. If emailing the offender does not prove satisfactory, email Ms. Margaret for help, but make an effort to work it out yourself. Part of coming into the scene is learning how to communicate logically. One thing that is not advisable is to publicly attack the offending party via the message board as this will likely escalate the problem.
We are very fortunate to have a number of people in this club. Each and every one is a precious jewel and should be treated as such. Many of the regulars (male and female) are very protective of the membership. Offending or chasing away any one of the ladies is a very serious misdeed. It is most important during "play" that courtesy and respect are maintained. Posting anything of a sexual nature or dealing with inappropriate body parts is not in the spirit of the site. Take the time to get to know a player's comfort level before doing a scene or posting as participants. This may take a little effort, but it will usually result in a mutually pleasurable encounter. This site is maintained for spanking. So if you're patient, you'll find some interesting interaction. This isn't a sex club, an outlet for swingers, or a private club to stroke an inflated ego. Trolling for sex and sex partners isn't part of this spanking club.
Entering this chat room is like entering someone's home. Come in graciously. Become a part of the conversation at a polite pace. Good manners here are the same as in real life. Don't interrupt, rudely change the subject, shout or swear. On this site, good tops don't presume anything. They help build trust and communication before anything else.
1. You must be 18 years old. No exceptions. Since the scene is about trust, we will trust that you are always entering in your own gender and under the name we recognize to be you.
2. If you want to talk privately, get out of this chat and go elsewhere! It's not polite to instant message and distract others while they're following along. It makes for confusion and is the same as interrupting. Don't instant message while Ms. Margaret is in the room.
3. Ms. Margaret tries to be available Mon–Thu, 9:30 pm–10 pm EST. About ten minutes is given for random conversation while members are entering. If the chat is in full swing when you come in, please enter quietly and discreetly. Become aware of what topic Ms. Margaret is on, or if a scene is in progress, and stay on topics. Relentless "bratting" while Ms. Margaret or Mr. Ryder are engaged in conversation, or while s/he has started a scene, is considered discourteous. If you leave prior to 10:00pm, please do so with a quiet "good night." Ms. Margaret will not involve new visitors in spanking until they feel more comfortable with being here. New visitors should "feel" out the room to verify that this is the atmosphere for them. The site is more conservative than most spanking sites, but it is conducted in a style most comfortable for Ms. Margaret.
4. Use a screen name that is gender specific. We don't like asking if you're a male or female, top or bottom. To indicate you're a bottom use small letters. If you're a top, use capital letters or Mr., Ms. or Miss. Help us keep things simple.
5. Members are welcome to "chat" at times other than Ms. Margaret's scheduled chat. When entering a room other than during Ms. Margaret's' assigned time, don't interrupt an ongoing scene or try to join one in progress without being invited. Avoid any unrelated noise. If leaving prior to a scene ending, do so quietly.
6. Very important: The site safe word is RED. Use this only if a scene is getting out of control or going too far for you. Do not use this just to get out of a spanking with Ms. Margaret. This safe word is for everyone's safety.
7. Many people come here for enjoyment, but their enjoyment should not be at the expense of others. Be sensitive to how far you go with negative talk. If you have a personal grievance with someone, discuss it privately. If necessary, bring the matter to the moderator's attention through email.
8. When entering a chat room for your personal use at times other than when Ms. Margaret is scheduled, as well as anytime you are in the room, please do not be a HNG (Horny Net Geek). This refers to someone who uses such come on lines like: "Any bad girls/boys out there need a spanking?"; "I need a spanking ..."; "Anyone out there single?"; "I'm going to spank you ..." This site is not a sexual spanking site. Please avoid using comments of a sexual/erotic nature.
9. When creating your own chat time to meet with others, remember that everything here is based on consent, mutual pleasure and discretion. If someone indicates that s/he is a bottom, don't assume that that person is open to play. As a bottom, don't misbehave or brat off to a top if you will not allow the top to spank you. If you are "playing" as a top, avoid bratting yourself while you are in the role of a top. Don't try to talk people into spankings or private talks. When in doubt it is better to err on the side of caution. The safe word is red. The word "no" is not a safe word. However, since in real life, no really means no people often misinterpret its use in the scene.
10. The chat rooms here are designed to be pleasurable to both tops and bottoms. Relentless bratting is not only rude to the scene payers but will only serve to make you appear obnoxious and rude. If this is your style of play, it is recommended that you find another chat room that can accommodate that style of play!
11. Not all scenes are sexual. If you hear, "It's all about sex and eroticism," just know that not everybody agrees with that, especially traditional spankers. You are entitled to your own opinion, but this spanking site does not involve a sexual realm of spanking.
12. Respect the rights of others. Do not laugh or otherwise comment on other people's fantasy or their own comfort levels. I mean ever! Each person comes to spanking with his or her own individual needs. Ideally, this is a world where respect and tolerance rule.
13. Relax, watch, have fun and don't feel pressured to do anything you are not comfortable with. The regulars here in the scene are generally very friendly and helpful. If you ask a question, members are usually good at giving a clear explanation. If you still dont understand find a book or email Ms. Margaret and she will try to help. Some scene players may be rude and suffer from what is called "top's disease." If you run into one of them, don't bother getting upset. Most likely everybody agrees with your perception, too. Let Ms. Margaret or a moderator know of your concerns if you have a problem.
14. If you find that you are unable to follow the rules, you are free to leave. Essentially, the rule is be nice or move on.
Ready for the Next Step?
1. Read our party rules before
attending a SCONY function.
2. Check out our Calendar of Events and make plans to attend a monthly party in Manhattan or our biannual Weekend in the Mountains, featuring St. Margaret's Academy.
3. Find hundreds of items in our Amazon store, such as implements, pajamas, school girl accessories, books, and more! Lowest prices, secure checkout, and free shipping for most orders.
4. Find hundreds of items in our Amazon store, such as implements, pajamas, school girl accessories, books, and more! Lowest prices, secure checkout, and free shipping for most orders.